Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

More help and awareness needed!

There should really be more information about panic attacks and anxiety. I have been doing research into it and found that so many people suffer from it. When I have to let
someone know I suffer, I normally find that they have experienced it at one point or know someone who has.

We are not alone but for years I thought I was. I thought I was slowly going mad. I still sometimes do. GPs don't seem to know what to do.. they don't seem to help and it is just frustrating. There should  be more support groups out there. I tried counselling but there is mostly around 3 month waiting list for CBT (which is shown to help anxiety sufferers). I then thought okay I will pay, but even that has a 3 week waiting list. Doesn't that show people that so many people are suffering and there should be more support and help?!

I went to the library to see what self help books there are, but most seem old and there are some useful information but not too much. Online there seems to be plenty of new books but they all cost money. There are many websites too, where people are making profits from the vulnerable which suffer. I just wish there was more information about this, so that it isn't such a taboo subject and more people understood.

As people are suffering from it more and more, it must be something in our life styles which is contributing. I have no doubt that there are more pressures and stress in this way of life. We need to really understand the root because otherwise most of our children will be suffering and it is such a horrible thing to have. The suicide rate for panic attack sufferers is so high because they feel so lost, helpless and afraid. I really think something should be done.

Therefore, I hope this blog will help a few people understand more about them and let others see that they are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment