Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Psychotherapy

I was told by my counsellor that psychotherapy would be good to do. Also something long term. This is especially useful for people who have suffered from health issues over a long period of time. Therefore, I researched psychotherapy.
There are many people who do it out there but it comes at a cost: normally around £50 an hour. I then stumbled upon a company that do it means tested. I do not have an income due to be a student, so I only have to pay £7 an hour. This I thought was great because I would be able to afford that over a longer period of time. Psychotherapy differes from counselling because it looks more into exploring yourself. It looks at what makes you anxious, how you feel, you get to understand yourself more and learn who you really are.  I think everyone should do this, even people who do not have problems because I think not many of us understand who we truly are. We don't understand what our actual thoughts are, what we actually want. I should start my first session in about a week or so, so will update you about it but it should be quite intresting. Coucelling on the other-hand, is more about you talking about how you feel and getting things off yor chest. To save money, you could just talk into a tape recorder. It still gets all your thoughts out in the open, so that you are not dwelling on them so much. I will try this once a week, or write thoughts and feelings down because otherise they build up which is not good. But then maybe this is another part to this blog for me, to get my thoughts and feelings out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment