Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Anxiety with work.

I know many people are scared of talking to their bosses at work about their anxiety, in fear that they would not understand. I have worked at my weekend job for over 3 years and never once mentioned it to them. This is because even though at times I felt horrible, I stayed and just coped. A few weeks ago,
when the anxiety got so bad that I could not cope I felt I had to talk to someone. I did not want to miss work all the time and then get fired. The manager I spoke to was so friendly and kind. It is all in confidentiality and he wanted to help me. He said if I had to leave, I could, which made me feel a lot more relaxed. There is also a health person for the company which he said he could contact and with her we could discuss how best to work so that I feel comfortable and happy. He said he did not want to loose me which made me feel more valued. I can't guarantee that all work places are this understanding but I would definitely recommend talking to them. They then can understand you more and you are not suffering in silence. Also, you do not want to loose a job over this! Anxiety has done enough destruction on your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment