Pages

Thursday 3 May 2012

To pay or not to pay...

So...finding urgent help for anxiety/depression/panic is very hard in England it seems. I was put on a 2 month waiting list for free counselling (which will include CBT I think) , asked what I could do in the meantime as needed some help. I was referred to paid counselling. This would cost
around £60 per hour but believe it or not, this also had a waiting list. Up to 2 weeks! Even going private, if you can afford it, doesn't seem to be available when you need it. So why pay the money? My last resort has been hypnotherapy. I have tried it in the past and it had helped then. This is so expensive, well over £100 for 1 hour and a half. So for the lucky people who can afford this they can pay. Just hope it works. It just seems to me that people are trying to make money out of ill people. I do however understand, lots of people need help and there isn't enough to go around but it does seem to come down to  money...

I am having hypnotherapy on Saturday so will  post result up on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment